This amazing drink is a slight variation on the Negroni which uses whiskey in place of gin. Alternatively, you can think of it as a Manhattan with half of the sweet vermouth swapped out for Campari. The Boulevardier is a rich, bracing, spirit-forward cocktail that can be made with bourbon or rye and the sweet vermouth of your fancy.
Prep Time: 1 minutes
Total Time: 1 minutes
● 1 1/2 oz rye bourbon
● 3/4 oz Campari
● 3/4 oz sweet vermouth
● Orange peel
● Put a glass in the freezer to chill
● Add the bourbon, sweet vermouth, and Campari to a mixing glass
● Add ice and stir until chilled
● Express the orange peel over the drink
● Strain into your glass and serve
The original recipe for this drink called for equal parts whiskey, Campari, and sweet vermouth, but most bartenders today tend to up the whiskey. This gives the drink a more sophisticated feel as the smokiness of the bourbon intensifies the rich taste of the cocktail.