A spirit-forward after dinner drink made for bourbon lovers, the revolver contains four ingredients that include any bourbon of your choice, orange bitters, coffee liqueur, and a fragrant orange peel. While garnishing with the orange peel and bitters add a bit of fragrance and a flutter of citrusy lightness, the coffee flavor makes the bourbon feel richer and deeper in a way that feels both comforting and mysterious.
Prep Time: 1 minute
Mix Time: 1 minute
Total Time: 2 minutes
● 2 ounces of bourbon (preferably rye-heavy such as Bulleit, Buffalo Trace or Basil Hayden)
● A ½ ounce of coffee liqueur
● 2 dashes of oranges bitters
● Orange peel, to garnish
● Add bourbon, orange bitters, and coffee liqueur into a mixing glass
● Add the ice and stir for about 25 seconds until thoroughly chilled
● Strain into a chilled cocktail glass
● To garnish, take the orange peel and express flamed orange oil over the drink.
● Do away with the orange peel, Serve.
Your choice of coffee liquor will determine how sweet your Revolver is. For those with a sweet tooth, try Kahlua or Tia Maria for an added sweetness to the mix. Kahlua is the sweeter of the two.