Irish coffee is simply spiking your coffee Irish style with some good ole Irish whiskey. While so many may have their own ways of preparing this cocktail, this authentic Irish cocktail recipe is undoubtedly the best way to go. All you need to do is add Irish whiskey, sugar to taste and heavy cream to a mixed brewed coffee.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Mix Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 8 minutes
● A glass mug with handle
● Hot water
● 6 ounces of brewed black coffee
● 2 teaspoons of Irish whiskey (Jameson is the most popular brand, but you could use Bushmills too)
● 2 teaspoons of brown sugar
● 2 tablespoons of heavy cream
● Fill the mug with hot water and let it stand for about 2 to 3 minutes to warm it up
● Empty the water from mug
● Add the brown sugar, brewed coffee, and Irish whiskey in that order and stir.
● Place heavy cream in a mixing bowl and stir until frothy
● To make the cream float on top of the coffee, hold a spoon upside down over the mug and slowly pour the cream over the spoon
Asides the usual ingredients, you could throw in some additions like maple syrup, Kahlua or other flavored liqueurs for extra flavor.