Whiskey Review: Blanton’s Bourbon – Single Barrel
A true legend of the industry, Colonel Albert Blanton dedicated his life to perfecting the process of making single barrel bourbon. The Blanton’s Bourbon – Single Barrel is widely known among whiskey lovers as one of the best single barrel liquor.
The unusual design of the bottle plus its rich history makes it a very interesting drink. As to how it fairs in the market today, that’s what we’re here to find out. Does the legacy of Colonel Albert Blanton still relevant today? Check out our review of Blanton’s Bourbon – Single Barrel.
|The mash bill of the Blanton’s Bourbon – Single Barrel is made up of 75% Corn, 15% Rye, and 10% Malted Barley. The color of the whiskey inside of the bottle is dark copper. The mash is first aged in single barrels for around 9 years before being bottled at 93 proof or 46.5% AVB.|
|Blanton’s Distilling Company|
|93 (46.5% ABV)|
|Around 9 Years|
|75% Corn, 15% Rye, 10% Malted Barley|
Food to Pair With
Top Blog Sites Ratings
The Blanton’s Bourbon – Single Barrel might be the idea whiskey for most bourbon lovers. But how does it fair with the rest of the community? We reviewed some of the top blog sites and this is how they rate the Blanton’s Bourbon – Single Barrel.
With an average score of 8.5, the Blanton’s Bourbon – Single Barrel is truly a remarkable whiskey. What the reviewers love the most about this liquor is that it has a unique bottle design and a complex flavor that results in the one of the most interesting bourbon whiskey.
- Thewhiskeywash.com. The Blanton’s Bourbon – Single Barrel is a great holiday gift for your friends and family. The uniqueness of its design and flavor makes it a great gift for your loved ones.
- Breakingbourbon.com. Overall it’s just plain delicious. This is how breakingbourbon.com described this whiskey. The liquor is the real deal and not just some fancy bottling.
- Distiller.com. Distiller.com described this drink as something a true bourbon purist would love. The complexity of this liquor transcends not only its design but also its flavor.
- Bourbongents.com. According to the bourbongents.com, the bottle is of the best designs that they have ever encountered. Aside from that, the whiskey itself would satisfy the most discerning bourbon geek.
- Thewhiskeyjug.com. It doesn’t really give the woody taste that we’re looking for, but overall, the whiskey is well-balanced and easy to drink neat.
- Spiritsreview.com. According to the spiritsreview.com, the finish is a bit hotter and rougher compared to other bourbons. However, the flavor and style of the liquor is something to be proud of.
- Bowtied-and-bourboned.com. The Blanton’s Bourbon – Single Barrel might not be a beginner’s bourbon, but many will like the challenges that this whiskey offers. If you’re looking for a challenge then try this bourbon.
- Bourbonoftheday.com. According to bourbonoftheday.com, the liquor has some fantastic notes and interesting taste. If you don’t like this whiskey you might as well not like bourbon at all.
- Bustedwallet.com. Truly a complex bourbon that has a well-balanced and powerful flavor. This is how bustedwallet.com describe the Blanton’s Bourbon – Single Barrel.
- Flaviar.com. Flaviar.com described this liquor as one of the best bourbons of all-time. It can stand toe-to-toe with premium bourbon drinks in the market today.