Whiskey Review: Maker’s Mark Bourbon Whisky
Developed by T. William “Bill” Samuels Sr, this whiskey is one of the best premium bourbons in the market today. Known to be as one of the lowest proofed premium bourbons, the Maker’s Mark is something that you need to try out for yourself.
What makes Maker’s Mark unique is that it doesn’t use Rye as part of its mash bill. Instead, the distillers use red winter wheat which gives it a sweeter taste than most bourbon whiskeys. To give you a heads up on how this whiskey fairs in the market, we’ve reviewed it just for you. And here’s what we’ve found out.
|The mash bill of the Maker’s Bourbon whiskey is composed of 70% Corn, 16% Red Winter Wheat, and 14% Malted Barley. The color of the liquor inside of the bottle is toffee and a bit of deep amber. The mash is aged for around 4 years before being bottled at 90 proof.|
|90 (45% ABV)|
|Around 4 Years|
|70% Corn, 16% Red Winter Wheat, and 14% Malted Barley|
Food to Pair With
Top Blog Sites Ratings
The Maker’s mark might be considered as a premium bourbon, but how does it fair with the general public? Does the value for each bottle of maker’s mark’s worth its price? To know more about this brand we’ve reviewed some of the top blog sites that love liquor. And here’s what they have to say about this Bourbon.
The score speaks for itself, the overall verdict of the Maker’s Mark reveals that it’s quite promising for a Bourbon drink. The common consensus among the reviewers is that it’s an easy whiskey for those who are just starting to drink bourbon. In the end, the Maker’s Mark is not mainstream for nothing, the balance of flavors and notes makes it a very enjoyable drink.
- Thewhiskeyjug.com. According to thewiskeyjug.com, the maker’s mark might not have the depth of other bourbon brands but it’s well-balanced and delicious.
- Breakingbourbon.com. It never left an impression to us. This is how breakingbourbon.com described it. According to them, the maker’s mark being mainstream did not make it more appealing.
- Modernthirst.com. According to the modernthirst.com, although there are a lot of reviewers who dismiss this drink as just mere mainstream, they still believe that it’s consistent with its flavor.
- Masterofmalt.com. According to the masterofmalt.com, they described the liquor as fruity and rich. The lovely flavors of mixed toasted oak and vanilla are what they like most about this liquor.
- Bourbongents.com. According to the bourbongents.com, there’s nothing wrong with this bourbon. It has superb quality and the price is great for its quality.
- Distiller.com. Destiller.com described this liquor as extremely creamy with notes of spices and vanilla. They described the finish as having an oaky flavor with a hint of apple.
- Insearchofelegance.net. It’s simple, enjoyable, and easy to sip. This is how the insearchofelegane.net described the maker’s bourbon. They also claimed that it’s quite enjoyable for its price.
- Bourbon-central.com. According to the Bourbon-central.com, the maker’s mark is a staple bourbon for any bourbon lover. It serves as a starting point and gateway for any newcomer to try bourbon drinks.
- Whiskybase.com. It has a good nose and a creamy honey-sweet taste that’s surprisingly pleasant. The flavors are just right for beginners and for those who are looking for a good bourbon drink.
- Barrelsandmash.com. It has a decent price and it’s easy to drink, it’s the perfect drink for those who are new to bourbon.