Whiskey Review: Basil Hayden’s Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
The Basil Hayden’s Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey is one of Jim Beam’s Small Batch Bourbon Collection. Unlike the other whiskeys in the collection, the Basil Hayden has a higher rye composition and it’s placed in a unique bottle. The mash bill of the whiskey is said to be made from Old Grand-Dad that’s a bit older.
While there are a lot of whiskey lovers saying that the Basil Hayden is something that has no majorly distinguishing characteristics, some believe otherwise. Whether or not the Basil Hayden’s Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey is just an entry-level drink for millennials or not is up to its reviews.
To give you an idea on what this whiskey is, here’s our review of Basil Hayden’s Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey.
|The mash bill of the Basil Hayden’s Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey is made up of 63% Corn, 27% Rye, and 10% Malted Barley. Before bottling, the whiskey is first aged in New charred oak for around 8 years. After which it’s bottled at 40% ABV or 80 Proof, the liquor in the bottle has a light brass color.|
|80 (40% ABV)|
|63% Corn, 27% Rye, 10% Malted Barley|
Food to Pair With
Top Blog Sites Ratings
The Basil Hayden’s Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey might be a low proofed drink, but its flavor profile is worth checking out. Now that you have an idea of what this whiskey is, it’s time to know the opinion of the other bourbon lovers. Here are some of the top blog site ratings of the Basil Hayden’s Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey.
Despite having fluctuating scores, the Basil Hayden’s Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey is still a solid bourbon that’s worth your time and money. Overall, it’s a good bourbon for those who are new to this type of whiskey. It also has great value for your money and a great bottle that has a unique design.
- Thewhiskeyjug.com. Overall, Basil Hayden’s not bad it’s just weaker than it should be. This is how thewhiskeyjug.com described this bourbon whiskey.
- Modernthirst.com. If you’re looking for an entry-level bourbon then this whiskey is the perfect gateway for beginners. Newcomers can train their palate to drink bourbon neat with this liquor.
- Thewhiskeywash.com. Soft and balanced with depth. This is how thewhiskeywash.com described the Basil Hayden’s bourbon whiskey. They also added that it has a wide appeal to newcomers in the whiskey world.
- Bourbongents.com. According to the bourbongents.com, the Basil Hayden is not a bad whiskey it’s just average. Overall, it’s just an average bourbon with a fancy bottle.
- Methodsunsound.com. The price point of the liquor is quite impressive and it’s much tastier than Blanton’s Special Reserve. The bottle is also something noteworthy because of its unique design.
- Insearchofelegance.net. Because of its light profile and great price point, the Basil Hayden is a great whiskey for someone who’s getting into bourbons.
- Bustedwallet.com. According to Bustedwallet.com, because of its smooth and well-rounded flavors, the Basil Hayden’s Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey is a great liquor to drink neat.
- Whiskey-reviews.com. According to the Whiskey-reviews.com, the Basil Hayden is a bit disappointing. The nose is not pleasant and the palate tastes like a bar of soap.
- Sublimeimbibing.ca. A bland whiskey that costs too much. This is how Sublimeimbibing.ca described the Basil Hayden’s Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey. The unpleasant bitterness of the finish is what they really didn’t like about this bourbon.
- Spokanewhiskeyclub.com. It has some nice aromas but there are a lot of other bourbon drinks that have a better profile. It lacks a little in depth and sweetness for a bourbon.