Whiskey Review: Knob Creek Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
Named after a famous creek where Abraham Lincoln grew up, this straight bourbon whiskey is one of the most famous brands in the market. This brand of whiskey is one of the products produced by Jim Beam in Clermont, KY. Knob Creek is a classic bourbon whiskey that you can see in any bar.
There has been a lot of debate when it comes to classic bourbon and Knob Creek is no exception. Whether or not it still remains as one of the top classic bourbon drinks depends on the opinion of the general public, specifically whiskey enthusiasts. Here’s our review of this famous whiskey.
|The mash bill of the Knob Creek is made up of 75% corn, 13% rye, and 12% malted barley. The process of making this whiskey involves aging it for 9 years in new charred oak barrels. It’s bottled and proofed at 50% ABV (100 Proof) which is slightly higher than most bourbon drinks.|
|Jim Beam Distillery|
|100 (50% ABV)|
|75% corn, 13% rye, and 12% malted barley|
Food to Pair With
Top Blog Sites Ratings
No doubt that Knob Creek is one of the best bourbons in the market today. This title, however, is without a few drawbacks. The liquor itself is not perfect that’s why you need to know what others think of this brand. To give you a bit of information on what others think about this brand, we’ve reviewed some of the top blog sites that love liquor.
Here’s their verdict.
With an average score of 84/100, it’s no surprise that this liquor is considered as one of the best. For those who are looking for a strong but smooth bourbon Knob Creek, Kentucky Straight might be what you’re looking for. The general price for a bottle of knob creek is generally cheap so grab one now.
- Flaviar.com. A classic top-tier straight bourbon whiskey. This is what flaviar.com describes this amazing bourbon.
- Thewhiskeyjug.com. Knob Creek might not the best bourbon in the world, but we’re sure that it’s one top-tier bourbon on the market today.
- Modernthirst.com. According to the modernthirst.com, they believe that the knob creek is sort of a perfect bourbon because it works for everything.
- Bourbongents.com. It’s a straight and simple drink that has a lengthy finish. This is how the bourbonagents.com describe this liquor.
- Insearchofelegance.net. Very drinkable, this is what they think of this bourbon. The perfect balance of its flavors makes it very drinkable.
- Therumhowlerblog.com. According to therumhowlerblog.com, it’s simply a wonderful whiskey. It’s full of flavor and has a well-balanced taste overall.
- Winemag.com. It’s delicious but fiery, this is how winemag.com describes this whiskey. You can add water to this whiskey to bring out its vanilla and honey flavor.
- Quiddity.com. You can drink it neat or mixed or any way you like because it works well for this whiskey. This whiskey is a crowd favorite because of its unique flavor and spice.
- Binnys.com. The smoothest 50% we’ve ever drunk. This is how binnys.com described this whiskey, according to them, the liquor is consistently good for a bourbon whiskey.
- Distiller.com. A very complex bourbon that has a caramel, corn, and hints of vanilla. This is how distiller.com describes this bourbon.