Whiskey Review: Woodford Reserve Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
Considered as one of the world’s most iconic bourbon drinks, the Woodford Reserve Kentucky straight Bourbon whiskey is an exceptional drink to have in your bar, restaurant, or at home. Despite being a newer brand compared to other bourbon drinks, the Woodford Reserve isn’t short of flavors.
A lot of whiskey lovers are torn apart between whether or not the Woodford Reserve deserves all of this hype and praises. This is because despite having multiple awards during the past decades, some are still skeptical about this brand.
To give you a bit of information about this whiskey here’s our review of the Woodford Reserve Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey.
|The mash bill of the Woodford Reserve Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey is composed of 72% corn, 18% rye, and 10% malt. The mash is said to be aged for around 7 years before being bottled at 90.4 proof or 45.20% AVB. The liquor has a golden Amber color inside of the bottle.|
|Woodford Reserve Distillery|
|90.4 (45.20% AVB)|
|Around 7 Years|
|72% corn, 18% rye, and 10% malt|
Food to Pair With
Top Blog Sites Ratings
The Woodford Reserve Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey is considered as one of the best tasting bourbons in the world today. But despite having numerous awards and recognition throughout the decades, there are still a lot of whiskey enthusiasts that are skeptical about this drink.
To give you an idea of what others think about this bourbon, we’ve reviewed some of the top blog sites and here’s what they have to say.
With an average score of 7.8, the Woodford Reserve Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey is holding on to its spot as one of the good Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey. Whether or not you agree with their reviews, the numbers are in. So, if you’re in for some high-quality bourbon, give the Woodford Reserve Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey a shot and tell us what you think!
- Insearchofelegance.net. The Woodford Reserve Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey has a dense and concentrated feel that’s quite nice for this liquor. Overall, the liquor is quite engaging for a straight bourbon.
- Thewhiskeyjug.com. Decently balanced with a bit of sweetness. This is how Thewhiskeyjug.com described the Woodford Reserve Kentucky whiskey. They also think that it’s a staple bourbon for all whiskey drinkers.
- Therumhowlerblog.com. According to therumhowlerblog.com, the Woodford Reserve Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey has its own unique flavor. Although a bit heavy on the mouth, it’s still an experience full of slick richness.
- Whiskyjerk.com. It’s near perfect and a steal of a deal for the price. This is how Whiskeyjerk.com described the Woodford Reserve Kentucky Straight Bourbon. The only thing that’s keeping it from having a perfect score is that it has a light mouthfeel.
- Bourbonforthemasses.wordpress.com. A gateway liquor for many premium bourbons. The Woodford Reserve Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey is really an amazing drink that’s always enjoyable.
- Thewhiskeywash.com. It’s good, but not great. According to thewhiskeywash.com, the Woodford Reserve Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey works best when you mix it with other drinks.
- Bourbonoftheday.com. A proper introduction to bourbon for new drinkers. This is how the bourbonoftheday.com described this drink. It’s a great daily sipper for bourbon lovers.
- Breakingbourbon.com. According to the Breakingbourbon.com, While it doesn’t hold as much today as it once did, the Woodford Reserve Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey still manages to be a relevant whiskey today.
- Bourbon-central.com. Overall, the Woodford Reserve Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey is a solid sipper. Its medium complexity and well-balanced taste make it a great bourbon that’s worth its price.
- Whiskeyenthusiasts.com. According to the Whiskeyenthusiasts.com, while it’s not a bad bourbon, it can’t compete with other premium bourbons in the market with its price range.