Whiskey Review: Maker’s 46 Bourbon Whisky
If you’re looking for a spicy bourbon with a twist of toasted oak then the Maker’s 46 Bourbon might be what you’re looking for. The Maker’s 46 is a standard bearer of the maker’s brand made from various wood recipes.
This whiskey is a fine improvement to its original 50 years old recipe. While it’s not intended to compete with its original one, it’s still a fine collection, making a name for itself. To give a bit of information on this whiskey here’s our brief review.
|The mash bill of the Maker's 46 Bourbon is composed of 70% Corn, 16% Wheat, 14% Barley. The whiskey is exposed to a charred wood where it gets it woodiness flavor. It’s bottled at 47% ABV (94 proof) and aged at around 6 years.|
|94 (47% ABV)|
|Around 6 years|
|70% Corn, 16% Wheat, 14% Barley|
Food to Pair With
|Oven-Barbecued Beef Brisket|
Top Blog Sites Ratings
The Maker’s 46 is one of the latest bourbons that Marker’s Mark has produced over the years. The best way to get to know it is to check what other whiskey lovers think of this brand.
Here’s what the top blog sites think of this whiskey.
A lot of reviewers are conflicted with the direction that this new brand has taken. The end result, however, speaks for itself. Most reviewers agree that this whiskey is a wonderful addition to their brand and a great upgrade from the Maker’s Mark. With an average score of 83.25/100, this whiskey deserves a spot on your shelves.
- Modernthirst.com. According to the modernthirst.com, this brand is a wonderful addition to their line of whiskey brands. The touch of French oak is a great upgrade to their previous liquor.
- Thewhiskeyjug.com. According to thewhiskeyjug.com, they adored its complex and sweet flavors. It’s a well-balanced liquor that has versatile flavors, you can make high-grade cocktails with it.
- Whisky.buzz. The new brand of Maker’s Mark is intended to be smooth and without any bitter notes. According to whisky.buzz, the Maker’s 46 sits perfectly when you drink it on the rocks and it only changes the flavor a litlle bit.
- Distiller.com. It has a very similar note to its original bottle. The only difference is that this bottle has a well-balanced palate and it has more spices compared to the original one.
- Totalwine.com. According to totalwine.com, the Marker’s 46 feels like Marker’s Maker that’s straight out of the bottle but with a better twist. A truly enjoyable liquor for whiskey lovers.
- Bourbongents.com. It’s a bigger and better version of Maker’s Mark. According to bourbongents.com, it’s a smoother and better version of its previous recipe.
- Drinkspirits.com. The risk they took was handsomely rewarded with the success of their newest brand. According to drinkspirits.com, the Maker’s 46 represents a big step forward for the distillery.
- Bustedwallet.com. According to bustedwalletcom, this whiskey is an exceptional and enjoyable drink all around. It has a perfect balance of boldness and smoothness from the first sip to the last.
- Barrelsandmash.com. It’s pretty good but a bit too sweet. This is how barrelsandmash.com described this drink. It has a nice overall complexity but they doubt as to why it became such a huge hit.
- Breakingbourbon.com. It might not be the best bourbon in the world but its flavor and quality is something to be proud of. According to breakingbourbon.com, overall this whiskey is a good enhancement to the marker’s mark bottles.